Kids Place Before and Afterschool Program Details

A- A A+

Frequently Asked Questions and Important Documents

For Summer Program FAQs and Forms, click here.


When are tuition payments due?
For all tuition information, please refer to the 2021-2022 Program Handbook for Westerville and Gahanna families.

How do I make changes to my enrollment or withdraw from the program?
The parent/guardian must notify the Site Director of the change/withdrawal of the child and send an e-mail explaining the change in child care hours or withdrawal information to the Data Specialist. In the e-mail, please include the child’s name, name of the school site, start date of the change in hours, or the last day the child will attend the program if you are withdrawing your child. Notice of withdrawal should be received one week prior to the next scheduled tuition payment.

Who do I call when my child will be absent?
You will contact your individual school site. See here for Gahanna, here for Westerville, and here for United Schools Network.

When does fall registration begin?
Fall registration begins the first Monday in May at 10 am.

What if my child needs to be bussed to/from a different location for before/afterschool care?
Westerville City schools Department of Transportation will be provided between the magnet schools (Emerson, Hanby, and Longfellow) and district-assigned home schools, as well as for Huber Ridge and Pointview Elementary to our Kids Place programs hosted at Hawthorne and Cherrington Elementary.

Any families needing transportation must complete and submit the Alternate Site Transportation form available here:

Students cannot ride the bus if the Alternate Site Transportation form has not been completed by an authorized parent/guardian

How do I change my payment type/credit card information?
Once your child is enrolled, you can change your payment information by logging into your parent portal and changing your payment method.

How do I apply for PFCC?
All requests for use of Publicly Funded Childcare benefits should be directed to the respective district Program Administrator.
Gahanna: email or call 614.627.1211
Westerville: email or call 614.627.1259

If my child takes medication what do I do?
Medical forms are uploaded into the system as you register. If that information changes prior to the start of the program, you can complete a new form here and send it to to upload into the system.

Are snacks provided?
Morning and afternoon snacks are provided for both the school-year and summer. During the summer or full day programming over school breaks, students should bring a non-refrigerated lunch.


Questions? We’re here to help!

Registration and Contract

Debbie Delzell
Kids Place Data Specialist

Payment and Receipt

Shantanna Aburokbeh
Accounting Coordinator

Publicly Funded Childcare (title xx)

Justis Davis (Gahanna)
Laura Miller (Westerville)