Chief Development and Strategy Officer
YWCA Columbus is seeking a passionate and experienced Chief Development and Strategy Officer to join our team. As an integral member of senior management, this position will direct all aspects of institutional fundraising initiatives and spearhead all strategies designed to implement a successful and sustainable philanthropic program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees and sets the direction and strategy of fund development for the organization, including digital and direct response campaigns, capital campaigns, major gift programs, annual giving, fundraising events, third-party fundraising activities, corporate and foundation giving, and planned giving
- Sets and leads the successful achievement of fundraising goals for annual operations assigned to each member of the department and the organization as a whole
- Oversees strategy and execution for donor engagement, identification, cultivation, solicitation, securing and stewarding major and principal individual, foundation and corporate donors on an ongoing basis
- Develops mission advancement strategies and oversees dynamic volunteer management and community engagement/outreach programs
- Establishes performance measures, monitors results and evaluates the effectiveness of the advancement team and strategy
- Develops and executes a strategic fundraising and integrated marketing communications plan in collaboration with team members, senior leadership, board of directors and CEO.
- Ensures a culture where effective teamwork, collaboration and innovation are expected, recognized and rewarded; leads by example with regard to appropriate risk-taking, cross organizational cooperation and clear standards of conduct
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintains accountability standards to donors and ensures compliance with code of ethical principles of professional conduct for fundraising executives
- Represents YWCA Columbus in the community for the purpose of amplifying the reputation by attending and/or speaking at public events
- Oversees the preparation and management of the annual department budget
- Represents YWCA Columbus in the community for the purpose of amplifying the reputation and/or speaking at public events.
- Advises the CEO, President and Board of Directors on matters related to fundraising and philanthropy; maintains effective working relationships with the Board of Directors, staff members, volunteers, individual donors, foundations, corporations and program partners.
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in business, nonprofit management, or equivalent. Advanced degree(s) in business, public administration, accounting or finance strongly preferred, CFRE preferred. Minimum of 7 years professional development experience, with at least 3 years in a leadership role. Minimum of 5 years professional experience managing projects and teams. Minimum 7 years or more experience in fundraising. A demonstrated track record of working with board members, high net worth individuals, private foundations and corporations. Understanding of and experience with a variety of philanthropic channels among them: annual fund and major gift programs, planned giving, and foundation and corporate partnerships Knowledge of Raisers Edge, Microsoft Office Suite and database best practices and management theory.
YWCA Columbus offers medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a retirement plan and 401k, and discounted child care. Salary commensurate with experience.