YWCA Columbus is searching for our next Program Manager in our Leadership and Social Justice Department. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations support of the department, providing administrative and operational support and making meaningful contributions to implementation and logistics for all programming and special events.
Who we are:
YWCA Columbus is one of Columbus, Ohio’s oldest social justice organizations. Our mission, to eliminate racism and empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all, serves as a catalyst and advocate for change, justice and good. We fulfill our mission and promote dignity for all by addressing urgent issues of today, supporting those in need through our housing programs, igniting the community by confronting the uncomfortable truths about the things that put people on unequal footing – racism, sexism and poverty, and we are commit to the future generation through our education and leadership programming. YWCA Columbus is part of a national network of YWCA associations across the United States and one of fourteen in Ohio. In 2020, YWCA Columbus served and supported approximately 4,000 people in the Central Ohio area and we are poised to deliver a greater impact this year.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the development, coordination, and execution of social justice programming and events that include but are not limited to Leadership for Social Change, Bright Futures, Racial Justice Education, Civic Engagement (e.g. voter education, registration drives) LSJ Community Events (e.g. Stand Against Racism, International Women’s Day, The Big Table). Facilitate LSJ signature programs (Leadership for Social Change and Bright Futures) for women and girls.
- Maintain program databases, collect and analyze data to evaluate LSJ activities and programs, and produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle to LSJ Director.
- Advise on internal and external communications related to social justice. Create annual correspondence schedule to facilitate communication with program participants, volunteers, community leaders, funders and key stakeholders. Advise on annual LSJ marketing strategy with the marketing team.
- Monitor training, coordination and productivity of LSJ interns, volunteers, and Program Coordinator
- Support the creation, implementation and facilitation of a tiered social justice education program for staff, volunteers, board members and community members.
- Process and prepare monthly purchasing report. Identify funding sources, write funding proposals and prepare reports in compliance with department leadership.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or related field required
- Minimum of three years of experience working within a social services setting required
- At least one year of experience managing and motivating staff and/or volunteers.
- At least one year of experience facilitating group programs, preferably for women and girls.
- Experience creating and developing social justice and/or leadership programming for diverse community members.
- Experience working with, and understanding of, underrepresented and marginalized populations.
- Expertise in building linkages across race, gender, age, religion, class, sexual orientation and culture.
- Demonstrated and first-hand experience tracking and advocating for racial justice, for concerns of women and girls and/or for programs and policies that boost women’s advancement.
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
- Generous time off benefits including personal time, sick time, and vacation eligibility after 90 days
- Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
- 60% discount on child care for your children!
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve and work to impact the lives of others each and every day!