Why YWCA Children’s Programs?
YWCA Columbus seeks career driven professionals who value the importance of being a positive role model for all children, including the most vulnerable. We hire high-quality staff and provide extensive orientations, free ongoing professional development, support and evaluation.
Our childcare programs build consistency between home and school. We work to communicate with parents, school staff, and children to develop reliable strategies for academic success and behavior management and support. Through our close partnerships with schools, we provide choice-based learning emphasizing social emotional development, reading, STEAM as well as physical development. Additionally, we provide a trauma informed environment where children can be successful, involved learners.
Our educators maintain ODJFS Step Up to Quality standards and training requirements of up to 30 hours of professional development each year. YWCA Columbus encourages staff members to model what it looks like to be a life-long learner by supporting training efforts and professional development interests.
About Our Programs
Safe & Sound
The YWCA Safe & Sound Child Care Center, housed at the Family Center since October 2005, is a state licensed five-star Step Up to Quality-rated program. We provide high-quality care and education to homeless children six weeks to 13 years of age as their parents spend their day searching for employment and permanent housing. Homelessness comes with a lot of transition and exposure to traumatic-related events that cause children to be delayed in their development and learning. We provide trauma-informed care in an environment that focuses on the child’s social and emotional needs.
Our staff have more than 50 years of combined experience in the early childhood field. Most staff have a degree or possess a CDA Credential. To further support their professional growth, staff attend 30 hours of training every two years as well as participate in staff professional development days several times per year. Click here to learn more about YWCA Family Center.
YWCA Kids Place has more than 30 years of experience providing affordable, dependable, high-quality, year-round child care for families in the Gahanna and Westerville school districts. Our programs are conveniently located in your child’s elementary school to promote consistency and continuity for your child’s transition from school to Kids Place.
Kids Place educators are expected to maintain ODJFS standards and training requirements, as well as complete Step Up to Quality-approved professional development hours. YWCA Columbus encourages staff members to model what it looks like to be a life-long learner by supporting training efforts and professional development interests. Click here to learn more about YWCA Kids Place.
- Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
- We pay for you to maintain licensed training in First Aid, CPR, Child Abuse Recognition, Communicable Diseases and all required certifications
- Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
- Retirement plan and 401k for eligible employees
- Discounted child care for your children
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve
Full-time: 9:00 am-6:00 pm
With support from an assistant teacher:
- Create lesson plans as well as individualized child development plans
- Perform developmental screenings
- Provide fun, hands-on learning experiences serving as a play partner for the children
- Associates degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, Education or related field or a Child Development Associate (CDA) with a Child Care Professional level three on the Ohio Professional Development Network
- Certification in First Aid, CPR, Communicable Disease, and Child Abuse Recognition and two years’ experience in a licensed child care setting.
We have three full-time positions available:
- School-age Teacher Assistants (2 positions) 11:30 am-6:00 pm
- Preschool Assistant 9:00 am-6:00 pm
- Floater 9:00am-6:00 pm
Assist the lead teacher in:
- Creating a welcoming and safe environment
- Implementing lesson plans
- Serving as a play partner
- Assuming the duties of the lead teacher in their absence
- HS diploma/GED and Minimum of a Child Development Associate (CDA) or higher
- Minimum of a Child Care Professional level two on the Ohio Professional Development Network.
Do you have a passion to help others and work with children in your community? YWCA Columbus needs you to come and help us to grow! We are looking for awesome people to help us staff our “Kid’s Place” centers, which provide before and after-school child care programs. Kid’s Place centers are located at elementary schools throughout Westerville and Gahanna.
We offer flexible schedules with part-time (10-25 hours per week) and full-time positions are available. This is a PERFECT opportunity for individuals who want to work with children!
7:00 am – 9:00 am and/or 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
· Responsible for care and engagement of children in grades K-5 in award-winning before and after school programs.
· Facilitate choice based activities such as art, science, technology and math, physical activities and homework assistance with children.
· Obtain and maintain training in First Aid, CPR, Child Abuse Recognition, Communicable Diseases and 10 hours of Ohio Approved Training for child care programs. YWCA Columbus will pay for your training!
· 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent
· Desire to work with children
· Must be able to recognize and act upon any hazard to a child’s safety and well-being
· Desire to further the mission of YWCA Columbus: To eliminate racism and empower women
· Minimum one year experience working with school-age children
· Knowledge of child development
· Willing to train!
· Requires fingerprint background and drug test
Control your schedule! This is a job that gives you the flexibility to work around your life, not live around your work. Apply today for this great opportunity!!!