Do you enjoy the art of cooking? The YWCA Columbus has a Full Time opening for a Kitchen Production Assistant. This position is responsible for preparation, cooking and serving of proper portions of entrée food items in accordance with planned menus and recipes.
First Shift: 6:00am – 2:00pm Sunday – Thursday
- Perform all duties in compliance with Family Center, state and local sanitation procedures.
- Prepare appetizing and nutritionally balanced meals which meet the needs of a diverse population, respecting ethnic and dietary needs of special populations.
- Utilize proper food storage and dishwashing techniques.
- Model professionalism and problem-solving behavior for clients, volunteers and staff, and participate in a manner that promotes the Family Center’s guiding principles of Empowerment, Accountability, Respect and Nurture (EARN model).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have High School Degree or GED.
- One year cooking experience. Previous direct service experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and abilities
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Must be open to learning quantity cooking skills.
- Ability to successfully problem-solve customer service related issues.
- Ability to read, understand, write and speak English.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Strong oral and communication skills.
- Ability to taste and smell food (to determine quality and palatability).
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Are you looking for a full-time opportunity that offers non-traditional hours? The YWCA Columbus has an exciting opportunity for you! We seek a high-energy, flexible professional with excellent communication skills to fill our Custodial Technician position at our Family Center.
Full-time/Wednesday – Friday, 4:00pm – 10:00pm
- Inspect public areas for maintenance concerns and cleanliness.
- Maintain clean, orderly and safe outside entrances and walkways.
- Deep clean rooms that are transitioning between residents.
- Sweep, vacuum, wet mop, shampoo, and /or wax flooring in accordance with manufacturing specifications.
- Clean bathrooms, community areas, Safe & Sound area and remove/dispose of trash. Clean all windows and glass doors in facility. Dust, wipe down and sanitize hard surfaces.
- Comply with EPA, Hazmat and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Setup and breakdown multi-purpose rooms and other areas for meetings, seminars, trainings and other scheduled functions.
- Additional on call hours may be required to meet the operational needs of the department and organization as a whole.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year experience performing custodial duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Dedication to excellent customer service; strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in a stressful environment
- Ability to suspend judgement about people in crisis
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Commitment to and aptitude for working in a team environment
YWCA Columbus is seeking an observant, Security Assistant to join our Family Center team.
Schedule: 7:00am – 3:00pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Assist all Family Center departments in maintaining a safe and secure environment for families, staff, volunteers and visitors. Providing basic supervision and direction to shift employees.
- Conduct regular rounds of the building and grounds to monitor for unauthorized vehicles, illegal activity, vandalized or abandoned vehicles and/or loitering.
- Maintain an accurate daily log of events that occurred during assigned shift.
- Conduct searches as directed, including inspecting client, staff, volunteer and/or guest personal property, including vehicles parked in lot.
- Assist in cleaning and removing items from rooms once clients have exited.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year’s previous employment working within a social services setting.
- Demonstrated dependability, maturity and initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set and observe appropriate personal limits and boundaries, especially with respect to shelter residents.
- Flexibility to deal effectively with a variety of people, situations, problems and changes.
- Ability to do physical activity, including but not limited to lifting a minimum of 25-50 pounds.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License; reliable transportation.