Do you enjoy the art of cooking? The YWCA Columbus has a Full Time opening for a Kitchen Production Assistant. This position is responsible for preparation, cooking and serving of proper portions of entrée food items in accordance with planned menus and recipes.
First Shift: 6:00am – 2:00pm Sunday – Thursday
- Perform all duties in compliance with Family Center, state and local sanitation procedures.
- Prepare appetizing and nutritionally balanced meals which meet the needs of a diverse population, respecting ethnic and dietary needs of special populations.
- Utilize proper food storage and dishwashing techniques.
- Model professionalism and problem-solving behavior for clients, volunteers and staff, and participate in a manner that promotes the Family Center’s guiding principles of Empowerment, Accountability, Respect and Nurture (EARN model).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have High School Degree or GED.
- One year cooking experience. Previous direct service experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and abilities
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Must be open to learning quantity cooking skills.
- Ability to successfully problem-solve customer service related issues.
- Ability to read, understand, write and speak English.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Strong oral and communication skills.
- Ability to taste and smell food (to determine quality and palatability).
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Are you looking for a full-time opportunity that offers non-traditional hours? The YWCA Columbus has an exciting opportunity for you! We seek a high-energy, flexible professional with excellent communication skills to fill our Custodial Technician position at our Family Center.
Full-time/Wednesday – Friday, 4:00pm – 10:00pm
- Inspect public areas for maintenance concerns and cleanliness.
- Maintain clean, orderly and safe outside entrances and walkways.
- Deep clean rooms that are transitioning between residents.
- Sweep, vacuum, wet mop, shampoo, and /or wax flooring in accordance with manufacturing specifications.
- Clean bathrooms, community areas, Safe & Sound area and remove/dispose of trash. Clean all windows and glass doors in facility. Dust, wipe down and sanitize hard surfaces.
- Comply with EPA, Hazmat and OSHA safety rules and regulations.
- Setup and breakdown multi-purpose rooms and other areas for meetings, seminars, trainings and other scheduled functions.
- Additional on call hours may be required to meet the operational needs of the department and organization as a whole.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year experience performing custodial duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Dedication to excellent customer service; strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in a stressful environment
- Ability to suspend judgement about people in crisis
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Commitment to and aptitude for working in a team environment
YWCA Columbus is seeking an observant, Security Assistant to join our Family Center team.
Schedule: 7:00am – 3:00pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Assist all Family Center departments in maintaining a safe and secure environment for families, staff, volunteers and visitors. Providing basic supervision and direction to shift employees.
- Conduct regular rounds of the building and grounds to monitor for unauthorized vehicles, illegal activity, vandalized or abandoned vehicles and/or loitering.
- Maintain an accurate daily log of events that occurred during assigned shift.
- Conduct searches as directed, including inspecting client, staff, volunteer and/or guest personal property, including vehicles parked in lot.
- Assist in cleaning and removing items from rooms once clients have exited.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one year’s previous employment working within a social services setting.
- Demonstrated dependability, maturity and initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to set and observe appropriate personal limits and boundaries, especially with respect to shelter residents.
- Flexibility to deal effectively with a variety of people, situations, problems and changes.
- Ability to do physical activity, including but not limited to lifting a minimum of 25-50 pounds.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License; reliable transportation.
YWCA Columbus is seeking Volunteer Intern dedicated to excellent customer service. The ideal candidate must be able to work effectively with a variety of team members and possess the ability to effectively communicate with diverse populations.
- Accept and organize donations
- Take inventor of the closets and report needs
- Alphabetize and organize Volunteer Profile Forms
- Attend Volunteers Fairs
- Greet volunteers and acclimate them in their role
- Work with EARN Store volunteers
- Update and improve communications with volunteers and donors
- Make volunteer packets
- Take pictures of volunteers and donors
- Give tours of the Family Center
Dedicated to excellent customer service, strong oral and written communications skills, attention to detail, ability to effectively communicate with diverse populations, commitment to and aptitude for working in a team environment.
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want to support your community? Are you enthusiastic and dedicated to providing excellent customer service? Then YOU are who we want! YWCA Columbus is seeking two observant, Front Desk & Security Assistants to join our team on a part-time basis.
- Maintain professional image that includes greeting residents, visitors and employees as they enter the building in a polite and friendly manner.
- Patrol Center for Women Building and surrounding perimeter, being diligent to report any suspicious activity and report incidents.
- Monitor security cameras or equipment in a continuous fashion as outlined in security guidelines.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations to be able to respond to alarms, incidents and emergency situations.
- Complete Daily Activity Reports, Log Book entries, Incident Reports and all relevant reports related to job assignment.
- Ensure continuous and safe operation of all elevators and access doors.
High school diploma or equivalent; 1 year of prior experience in loss prevention, life safety, or in a security setting (preferred); Strong communication skills with the ability to de-escalate situations; Have knowledge of any life safety systems, fire panels, camera system, and other such equipment to complete job assignments.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. As a full time employee of YWCA Columbus, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
YWCA Columbus is a non-profit organization with the mission to create opportunities for individuals and families to reach self-sufficiency through family support services, education, employment and leadership opportunities. We currently have a full-time opportunity for an individual responsible for coordination of services and activities for YWCA clients in our permanent supportive housing and family emergency shelter programs seeking employment, benefits, and other resources to enhance financial stability.
- Develop collaborative relationships with local employers, including second chance employers, to connect job seeking clients with open positions.
- Mediates between employer and client/employee, as needed.
- Assist clients in determining employment goals; provide individual career coaching services to clients including assistance locating jobs, completing applications, writing cover letters and resumes, etc. Counsel clients/employees on retention and career advancement techniques. Connect clients to available community resources, including job training programs.
- Maintains an annual program calendar of client activities. Identify, facilitate, and/or coordinate opportunities for on-site services, such as budgeting groups, resume writing workshops, mock interviews, etc.
- Maintain documentation required for evaluation and grant writing which include client and stakeholder surveys. Data may include employment gains, income gains, employment retention, and attendance/participation in workshops.
- Maintain Resource centers at both sites including updating job boards. Maintain a schedule of “open hours” for the resource center that accommodates various schedules.
- Assist Volunteer Manager with identifying and coordinating workforce development volunteers.
- Represent YWCA Columbus at job fairs, resource fairs, and other networking opportunities.
- Complete OhioMeansJobs training and provide assistance to clients navigating online employment and educational resources.
- Coordinate activities of volunteers, leveraged workers, and interns at resource centers.
Associates degree in a human services field or equivalent of 2 years direct service employment experience including knowledge, skills, and abilities with case management, data entry and reporting. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Public speaking ability and great customer service skills.
- Willingness to attend job fairs, resource fairs, and other networking opportunities related to workforce development and financial stability.
- Experience working with homeless population preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of local services, agencies and social service programs.
- Ability to manage time efficiently. Specialist will meet with clients at two sites and may coordinate work of leveraged workers, volunteers, and/or interns at resource centers.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player. Specialist will work with data management team, volunteers and donations team, and housing program teams at each site.
- Familiarity with race/gender disparities as they relate to the wage gap and benefits cliff, and their impact on our clients, ideal.
- Passion for the mission of the YWCA to eliminate racism, empower women, and promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.
Must have a client-focused approach and see the ability and potential in all clients to achieve their employment goals. Provide support and encouragement.
2020 Spring Internship
YWCA Columbus is seeking a Visual Communications Intern! YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
This intern must be able to work effectively with a variety of team members within the marketing and communications team. S/he must have strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new conditions and meet tight deadlines. S/he must have solid knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and have a superior eye for design and layout. The ideal Intern is someone who is in college and is looking for entry-level experience in creating visuals and basic html coding for the organization’s email and website channels, as well as creating a consistent and visually pleasing array of images for Social Media. S/he must demonstrate the ability to become a strong designer. Familiarity with digital design discipline and photography through past work experience, coursework and/or other internships is desirable.
Part-time; two or three days a week; 8:30am-5pm
The Intern is responsible for assisting with projects under the direction of the supervisor. S/he works closely with and supports the needs of the marketing and communications team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with updating and maintaining the organization’s website
- Create engaging images for social media channels that is consistent with YWCA brand standards
- Photograph events for use in social media and marketing materials
- Assist with the visual preparation of email and social communications for events
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology and design trends
- Build basic understanding of principles of communications marketing, graphic design, HTML and email design
- Perform administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings and taking notes
- Help with upcoming events
- Maintain a high level of professionalism, communications, and strict confidentiality in interactions with staff, volunteers, donors and general public.
- Understand and promote the mission and vision of the YWCA that values diversity and celebrates the positive aspects of a multicultural society
Intern candidates must have a strong interest in the visual communications and/or graphic design field and possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with others in a fast-paced environment. College student seeking college credit in the design field is preferred.
About Our Internship Program
- The duration of the internship is a minimum of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months
- Interns are unpaid; however, applicants could potentially receive a stipend upon completion of their internship, pending performance reviews. A parking pass will be provided.