YWCA Columbus is seeking a full-time Data Specialist to join our team! In this role, you would be responsible for measuring progress through data and securing funding for YWCA Columbus programming through grants. In addition, you will work with the data/grants team to compile and report information necessary to spotlight inequities in our community and foster change.
Schedule: 1st Shift 7:30am – 4:00pm, two hours required every 3rd weekend (weekend hours can be virtual)
· Provide timely tracking of clients’ entries and exits through our homeless management information system so our team can help families receive services and find a home
· Catch errors and fix them. Check client files to meet funding requirements. Run reports and observe trends to share with decision makers.
· Make the case to funders for YWCA Programming through grant-related activities: collect data & documentation, manage grant database and track deadlines.
· Teach others. Work with staff to collect and organize information related to outside groups, workforce development and childcare programming.
· Learn about accreditation process by assembling materials, preparing & attending meetings and researching policies.
· Associate’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Services, Social Work or related field preferred or a combination of education or equivalent experience.
· Experience working in a social services setting preferred.
· Experience with Excel and Access databases strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Accurate and timely entry of program data
· Interest in and desire to collect date and support the grant writing process
· Oral and written communications skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Commitment to and aptitude for working in a team environment.
· A desire to grow and contribute.
· Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
· Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
· Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
· Discounted child care
· Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve
YWCA Columbus is searching for a skilled Communication and Technology Specialist to support our Education Programs. In this role, you will be responsible for communication with parents and the public about the YWCA Education programs and for technology used by the Education Department teams.
- Work with marketing and program administrators to keep all public-facing communications current and reflective of changes, including the website, parent handbooks, tuition agreements and other print materials.
- Provide courteous, accurate and timely responses to requests for information about the YWCA education programs to internal and external customers.
- Perform administrative tasks such as drafting letters, managing correspondence, filing, scanning, photocopying, and faxing.
- Establishes appointment priorities, schedules appointments, and responds to invitations on behalf of Director.
- Monitors progress of projects, action items, and strategies initiated by the Director.
- Works on special projects as assigned by the Director.
- Serve as the technology point person for the Education Team. Ensure the equipment is up to date, that staff members have the correct equipment for their job duties, and conduct staff technology training.
- Serve as the EZ Child Track software point person for the Education Team. Troubleshoot challenges with feature implementation and utilization. Conduct staff training on the software program.
- Associate’s degree in communications, business administration, social services and/or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in communications or public relations preferred. Administrative or project management experience required. Highly computer literate, with excellent knowledge of and experience with Microsoft products, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
- Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
- Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
- Discounted child care
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve