YWCA Columbus is searching for our next Data Management Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible the primary project and process management support for Development, as well as all aspects of the Advancement database and resultant reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Acts as database administrator to assure accurate reporting and records management in The Raiser’s Edge/Raiser’s Edge Next, ResearchPoint, Online Express and other data management tools. Serves as the organization’s ‘resident expert’ on these systems and all data contained therein.
- Responsible for the accurate entry all gifts and pledges; tracks and follows up on documentation of gifts; forward pledge documents to accounting for booking. Requests invoices for donors from the accounting department. Maintains financial information and reconciles monthly with Finance and Project Specialist.
- Records daily cash entries into Raiser’s Edge. Prepare acknowledgement letters for gifts within seven days. Import online express gift entry (transfer, clean up, post) and process recurring gift entries. Run hash totals weekly against accounting receipts to ensure that all cash is properly entered into Raiser’s Edge.
- Manages donor prospect lists, creates mailing lists and tracks responses in donor database. Supports YWCA Fundraiser’s in growing donor program by pulling and managing prospects lists and evaluating results from multiple avenues of fundraising. Creates routine dashboards, reports, and data analysis on donor and financial metrics. Assists Advancement Team with stewardship to current funders by compiling lists of individual and organizational donors and executes interim and final reports.
- Maintains department financial information, including gifts and pledges, event revenue, donations, sponsorships, and other donation types. Creates and provides weekly report summaries and monthly/quarterly revenue reports. Prepares all donor acknowledgement and annual statement letters in partnership with Project Specialist. Pull gift and donor data for miscellaneous reports and grant opportunities, mailings and solicitations. Assists Manager of Grants and Donor Relations with full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Assists Advancement Team with fundraising activities, including preparing materials and scheduling meetings.
- Acts as staff liaison to the YWCA Endowment Board. Schedules meetings, prepares meeting materials, and takes meeting minutes in partnership with Project Specialist.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Data Administration, Education, Accounting or a related field strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years database management experience, including experience in The Raiser’s Edge required
- Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks well.
- Strong experience in Excel
- Able to provide insight in prospect cultivation strategies and anticipate data needs of fundraisers
- Customer service attitude.
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
- Generous time off benefits including personal time, sick time, and vacation eligibility after 90 days
- Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
- 60% discount on child care for your children!
- Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve and work to impact the lives of others each and every day!
YWCA Columbus is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual to join our Advancement team as a Marketing and Communications Coordinator. In this role, you will be responsible for digital marketing, including social media, website, email sends, advertising, and analytics that actively promote YWCA’s mission and vision.
· Establish and execute a social media calendar for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn to promote the organization’s services and community impact.
· Create strategic social media plans for events to promote attendance, day-of interaction, and continued post-event engagement.
· Exercise judgment to prioritize social media statements and quiet periods based on organization’s interests and societal factors. Monitor local and national media and social media for ongoing events and topics that may be relevant to YWCA Columbus’ work.
· Draft and send emails to target audiences utilizing email platform, and work directly with email platform vendor to solve any problems.
· Update website as needed based on department requests for new and additional content as well as best practices for website marketing.
· Develop, implement, and monitor a process to track data for website, emails, social media, and digital advertising.
· Use data to make informed recommendations to improve performance on each platform as well as within individual campaigns that will generate higher audience engagement and follow-through on calls to action.
· Four-year degree with classwork or internships focused on marketing, communications, or related topics.
· One to threeyears professional experience, with an emphasis on managing a brand or organization’s social media presence and digital analytics
· Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of digital marketing activities. Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
· Experience developing and managing social media plans, including social media ads.
· Demonstrated successful experience following brand guidelines and writing for social media.
· Strong oral and written communications skills.
· Experience working in an email platform, such as Constant Contact or Luminate.
· Experience editing a website, such as through WordPress, and some familiarity with HTML.
· Familiarity with social justice and DEI concepts and comfortable writing on these topics.