Why work in YWCA Social Service Programs?
The YWCA Family Center is an emergency crisis homeless shelter for our community’s most vulnerable population. It is designed to cultivate success for the families we serve through: compassion, dignity, respect, empowerment, education, and structure.
We are committed to providing a Trauma informed, holistic approach to the Housing First Model. We accomplish this through our on-site supportive services. Supportive Services include: Family Advocates, Family Support, ODJFS benefits, Safe & Sound Childcare, Convenient Care, and other on-site opportunities. These services are critical when engaging this susceptible population.
Our staff excels in the ability to deliver strong customer based services by exemplifying excellence through modeling specific behaviors. Our staff possess the ability to be: self-motivated, goal-oriented, solution-focused, trauma-informed, compassionate, and strong communication skills.
The Women’s Residency program gives staff the opportunity to help women get their lives back on track. The staff provide groups that offer life skills, budgeting, yoga, and self-help. This position is very rewarding and staff feel that they are “giving back” to their community. Building long term relationships is the core of staff’s beliefs and they take great pride in helping residents restore their mental and physical health. Being a part of this historic organization help staff realize the importance of providing services to women in need.
Full-time – Monday thru Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Part-time – TBD (some evening hours may be required)
Experience working with homelessness, mental health, and/or chemical dependency required in a case management setting. Responsible for assessing client strengths and needs, developing individual action-oriented goal plans, and coordinating linage and referral to long-term c community supports that promote housing retention, mental and emotional stability, and economic advancement for YWCA Residents. Example of duties may include:
- Deliver strengths-based case management and service coordination services that promote guiding principles of Empowerment, Accountability, Respect, and Nurture (EARN model).
- Maintain clear and precise data and case notes, including careful documentation of all relevant client interactions.
- Participate as a committed member of the Women’s Residency, to include participating in program planning and support.
- .Associate’s degree with experience in social work.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, sociology, counseling or other behavioral science, and LSW/LPC strongly preferred
- Enthusiasm for “housing first” model
- Dedication to excellent customer services
- Strong oral and written communications skills; attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with highly diverse populations
- Commitment to and aptitude for working in a team environment
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and insurance or insurability, and access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Interested in making an impact in your community helping families? Then a career as a Family Support Specialist may be the right choice for you! The YWCA Family Center is seeking qualified family services professionals to join our team. We have an immediate opportunity for a Family Support Specialist.
Part-time 2nd Shift-2pm-10pm Saturday and Sunday
· Assist homeless families living in shelter to stabilize and resolve their housing crisis.
· Distribute basic need items.
· Connect families with shelter programs and resources.
· Work within a team to ensure successful shelter operations.
· Work within a team to ensure a clean and safe environment.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Demonstrated dependability, maturity and initiative.
· Ability to be a strong team member.
· Ability to set and observe appropriate personal limits and boundaries, especially with respect to shelter residents.
· Flexibility to deal effectively with a variety of people, situations, problems and changes.
· Willing and able to follow directions with limited supervision.
· Ability to do physical activity, including but not limited to lifting a minimum of 25 pounds.
· Reliable transportation.
· Work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day
· Medical, dental, vision insurance to eligible individuals
· Retirement Plan and 401k for eligible employees
· Discounted child care for your children
· Join a team of dedicated professionals who genuinely care about the people they serve