Why work in YWCA Social Service Programs?
The YWCA Family Center is an emergency crisis homeless shelter for our community’s most vulnerable population. It is designed to cultivate success for the families we serve through: compassion, dignity, respect, empowerment, education, and structure.
We are committed to providing a Trauma informed, holistic approach to the Housing First Model. We accomplish this through our on-site supportive services. Supportive Services include: Family Advocates, Family Support, ODJFS benefits, Safe & Sound Childcare, Convenient Care, and other on-site opportunities. These services are critical when engaging this susceptible population.
Our staff excels in the ability to deliver strong customer based services by exemplifying excellence through modeling specific behaviors. Our staff possess the ability to be: self-motivated, goal-oriented, solution-focused, trauma-informed, compassionate, and strong communication skills.
The Women’s Residency program gives staff the opportunity to help women get their lives back on track. The staff provide groups that offer life skills, budgeting, yoga, and self-help. This position is very rewarding and staff feel that they are “giving back” to their community. Building long term relationships is the core of staff’s beliefs and they take great pride in helping residents restore their mental and physical health. Being a part of this historic organization help staff realize the importance of providing services to women in need.
The YWCA Columbus Family Center provides supportive shelter services to homeless families. Are you passionate about helping families experiencing homelessness? Do you want to support your community? Are you enthusiastic and dedicated to providing excellent customer service? Then YOU are who we want! The YWCA Family Center is seeking an observant, Part-time Security Assistant to join our team.
Hours: Friday and Saturday nights, 11:00pm – 7:00am
Example of Duties:
· Assist all Family Center departments in maintaining a safe and secure environment for families, staff, volunteers and visitors. Providing basic supervision and direction to shift employees.
· Conduct regular rounds of the building and grounds to monitor for unauthorized vehicles, illegal activity, vandalized or abandoned vehicles and/or loitering.
· Maintain an accurate daily log of events that occurred during assigned shift.
· Conduct searches as directed, including inspecting client, staff, volunteer and/or guest personal property, including vehicles parked in lot.
· Assist in cleaning and removing items from rooms once clients have exited.
High School diploma or GED required; one year working with the public and security experience.
The ideal candidate is dedicated to excellent customer service, and has strong verbal communication skills. Must be able to work with people in crisis and maintain client confidentiality.
Do you enjoy cooking and helping to serve your community? Are you looking for a part-time opportunity to work around your already busy schedule? YWCA Columbus has a opening for a Part–Time Kitchen Production Assistant. This position is responsible for the preparation, cooking and serving of properly portioned food items in accordance with planned menus and recipes.
2nd Shift 1pm-9pm Friday/Saturday/Sunday
- Perform all duties in compliance with Family Center, state and local sanitation procedures.
- Prepare appetizing and nutritionally balanced meals which meet the needs of a diverse population, respecting ethnic and dietary needs of special populations.
- Utilize proper food storage and dishwashing techniques.
- Model professionalism and problem-solving behavior for clients, volunteers and staff, and participate in a manner that promotes the Family Center’s guiding principles of Empowerment, Accountability, Respect and Nurture (EARN model).
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or GED.
- One year cooking experience preferred. Previous direct service experience preferred.
Come join the YWCA Columbus Family Center team and work in an environment where you can impact the lives of others each and every day!
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want to support your community? Are you enthusiastic and dedicated to providing excellent customer service? Looking for part-time work to fit into your already busy schedule? Then YOU are who we want! YWCA Columbus is seeking two observant, Front Desk & Security Assistant to join our team.
Friday 11am-11pm, Saturday and Sunday 7pm-7am
Example of Duties:
· Maintain professional image that includes greeting residents, visitors and employees as they enter the building in a polite and friendly manner.
· Patrol Center for Women Building and surrounding perimeter, being diligent to report any suspicious activity and report incidents.
· Monitor security cameras or equipment in a continuous fashion as outlined in security guidelines.
· Maintain a working knowledge of all emergency policies, procedures and regulations to be able to respond to alarms, incidents and emergency situations.
· Complete Daily Activity Reports, Log Book entries, Incident Reports and all relevant reports related to job assignment.
· Ensure continuous and safe operation of all elevators and access doors.
High school diploma or GED required; one year experience in loss prevention, life safety, or in a security setting (preferred).
This ideal candidate is dedicated to excellent customer service, and has strong verbal communications skills. Must be able to work with people in crisis and maintain client confidentiality.
Interested in making an impact in your community by helping families? Then a career as a Family Support Specialist is right choice for you! The YWCA Family Center is seeking qualified family services professionals to join our team and fill an immediate opportunity.
10pm-6am either Sunday-Wednesday or Friday-Monday
· Assist homeless families living in shelter to stabilize and resolve their housing crisis.
· Distribute basic need items.
· Connect families with shelter programs and resources.
· Work within a team to ensure successful shelter operations.
· Work within a team to ensure a clean and safe environment.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Demonstrated dependability, maturity and initiative.
· Ability to be a strong team member.
· Ability to set and observe appropriate personal limits and boundaries, especially with respect to shelter residents.
· Flexibility to deal effectively with a variety of people, situations, problems and changes.
· Willing and able to follow directions with limited supervision.