Why work in YWCA Social Service Programs?
The YWCA Family Center is an emergency crisis homeless shelter for our community’s most vulnerable population. It is designed to cultivate success for the families we serve through: compassion, dignity, respect, empowerment, education, and structure.
We are committed to providing a Trauma informed, holistic approach to the Housing First Model. We accomplish this through our on-site supportive services. Supportive Services include: Family Advocates, Family Support, ODJFS benefits, Safe & Sound Childcare, Convenient Care, and other on-site opportunities. These services are critical when engaging this susceptible population.
Our staff excels in the ability to deliver strong customer based services by exemplifying excellence through modeling specific behaviors. Our staff possess the ability to be: self-motivated, goal-oriented, solution-focused, trauma-informed, compassionate, and strong communication skills.
The Women’s Residency program gives staff the opportunity to help women get their lives back on track. The staff provide groups that offer life skills, budgeting, yoga, and self-help. This position is very rewarding and staff feel that they are “giving back” to their community. Building long term relationships is the core of staff’s beliefs and they take great pride in helping residents restore their mental and physical health. Being a part of this historic organization help staff realize the importance of providing services to women in need.
Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want to support your community? Are you skilled kitchen and people manager? Then we’re looking for you! YWCA Columbus is seeking a Food Service Coordinator to join our team! This position is an integral part of the operations team at our Family Center, and is responsible for the overall operations of the kitchen and dining facilities.
Top candidates will have a minimum of four years of food service operations experience; supervisory and management experience; and direct service experience.
Example of Duties:
· Supervise daily cleaning and inspections to ensure safe, sanitary and organized kitchen operations.
· Monitor, order and purchase adequate levels of food for successful food operations and satisfy budgetary needs
· Oversee CACFP reimbursement program (nutrition, inventory, training and reporting), compile and report monthly statistics.
· Utilize proper food storage techniques, to include temperature, labeling and rotation of stock.
· Work to ensure excellent customer service for food service volunteer and hosts, facilitate requests for essential items,
· Oversee planning and preparation of monthly menus which meet the needs of and are sensitive to a diverse population, including ethnic dietary requirements or other special dietary needs.
· Must have high school diploma or GED.
· Two years supervisory/management experience.
· Four years commercial food operations experience required.
· Previous exposure to USDA’s CACFP meal reimbursement program preferred.
· Serve-Safe certification required.
As a full time employee of YWCA Columbus, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
· Major Medical, Dental and Vision
· Paid vacation
· Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
· Discounted Child Care