MARCH 22, 2023 (COLUMBUS, OH) – On Thursday, April 27, 2023, YWCA Columbus will host its 38th annual Women of Achievement luncheon at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, celebrating six women who have made outstanding contributions to their workplaces, communities, families, and the Central Ohio region.
This year’s Women of Achievement are:
- Laurel Beatty Blunt – Ohio 10th District Court of Appeals
- Marilyn Brown – Marilyn Brown Consulting, LLC
- Chris Cozad – Alternative Auto Care
- Colleen Marshall – NBC4
- Patrice Palmer, DD, LSW, MW, CMHC – Chosen 4 Change
- Bettye J. Stull – Independent Art/Curation
“We are honored to present such an accomplished class to the community this year for Women of Achievement,” said Elizabeth C. Brown, president and CEO of YWCA Columbus. “They represent a diverse range of ages, industries, and backgrounds, yet they’ve all advocated for change in big and small ways throughout their careers.
“They are the embodiment of what it means to be a true Woman of Achievement.”
YWCA Columbus will celebrate these six women and their accomplishments at this year’s hybrid event, as well as six Women on the Rise – women in the earlier stages of their careers who are already making a difference in their respective fields.
This year’s Women on the Rise are:
- Jasmine Ayres – Cohear
- Stephanie Cedeño, MPH – Besa
- Jona Hilario, PhD – OPAWL
- Jennifer McKenzie – Columbus Urban League
- Ruchelle Pride, M.S., CDE®, C.L.C – Franklin County, CASA
- Anna Sanyal – Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
Passes are available now at ywcacolumbus.org/WOA23.
“We’re looking forward to being back in person this year and recognizing all of these remarkable women,” said Brown. “Passes will sell out quickly, so we encourage everyone to save their seat soon!”
About YWCA Columbus
YWCA Columbus defies the status quo that puts women, people of color, and the underprivileged on uneven footing. By fostering dialogue and providing practical resources and education, we promote empowerment and inclusion. YWCA Columbus initiates systematic social change that will create a Columbus of peace, justice freedom and dignity for all.