Do you excel at managing cost-effective events from concept to completion? Are you a subject matter expert in planning ideation, vendor management, event/logistics script writing and run-of-show creation? If so, we’re looking for you! YWCA Columbus is searching for our next Event Program Manager. In this role, you will be tasked with developing and managing prominent fundraising and engagement events.
Examples of Duties:
· Plan, coordinate, and execute fundraising and engagement events under the direction of Advancement leadership, and in coordination with program team members.
· Identify, negotiate and manage vendors, venues and partners to ensure quality experience for event participants and ensure budget considerations are met.
· Schedule event participants and all logistics related to involvement.
· Maintain event budget and manage all event-specific invoices and check requests.
· Draft event scripts, run-of-show and pre-production documents.
· Coordinate with marketing and communications team to ensure appropriate and timely announcements, promotion and publicity, marketing materials, recognition and follow up post-event.
· Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process based on feedback from attendees and team members.
· Assist with special projects and staffing of special internal events.
· Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
· Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also as a team player who productively engages with others at varying levels within and outside of the organization.
· Sales skills and an aptitude for building productive business and vendor relationships.
Top candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience as an event planner or organizer, supported with references and a strong portfolio previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events, etc.).
We offer medical, dental, vision and life insurance, a retirement plan and 401k, and discounted child care!