Racial Equity Training 101 Preview
This one-hour training video introduces the basics of understanding racism: how it manifests through social and political institutions, in overt and hidden forms, now and throughout history. By completing this training and associated companion guide, you’ll gain insight and tools to help you become an active participant in the fight for equity.
Who this training is for: Everyone who wants to learn how racism is engrained in the structures and institutions we all take part in, and how to act as an agent of positive change.
Watch now > Session Preview Video
- Terminology: The words we use, and how they reflect the values we uphold
- Key concepts:
- Three forms of racism: Individual, institutional, and structural
- Power dynamics: Identifying power and privilege, and their influence
- Racial equity: Understand the differences among equality, equity, and justice, and how to avoid the pitfalls of “colorblindness”
- Implicit bias: How stereotypes and unexamined standards reinforce oppressive messages and behaviors
- History: How racism has informed centuries of American law and policy, specifically in housing and policing
- Practice: Actions, tools, and strategies to reduce and repair harm, and to intentionally practice anti-racism
- Companion guide: Reflection questions and exercises to help process the information and deepen learning
- Resource guide: More information, recommendations, and concrete actions to continue your journey toward social justice
Choose between individual and group plans. Upon purchase, you’ll receive a confirmation email with links to the printable guides and access to the Racial Equity 101 video.